Difference in Manners

June 5, 2018
TESOL 103
LESSON 7


Manner is the way people according to their culture do things, like covering one’s mouth to yawn, stretching in public, putting one’s hands in their pockets, or blowing one’s nose in public etc.
TESOL teachers should be aware of the difference in manners in order to better help their students not hurting one another.

I finally realize that teaching is not only helping the learner to know what they did not know before but it is much more than that. A classroom where cultural differences are not taken into consideration will not be a loving and respectful atmosphere, no will pay attention to their classmates, to what can hurt and what cannot etc.




Based on what I learned about difference in manners, I feel that I need to pay attention to my students’ culture, difference in their manner of doing thing; I will teach them tolerance and respect for others’ believes and education (view).

Comments

  1. I like your blog. I like how you said, "A classroom where cultural differences are not taken into consideration will not be a loving and respectful atmosphere". There's many personalities in a classroom. Teachers should take mental note on students behaviors to better understand why they are acting a certain way. It may be offensive to teachers but not to them. Good Job!

    Marchella M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your comment, I love it!
      I love the way you describe the teacher's observation, "Teachers should take mental note on students behaviors..." (MENTAL NOTE)
      thank you again!

      Delete
  2. That sentence has also struck me. “ A classroom where cultural differences are not taken into consideration will not be a loving and respectful atmosphere,” . This is so true , if we ignore the differences and act like they do not exist , we will be unfair to our students! A balance must be found, without force or imposition of one’s culture in detriment of another’s .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Response to “Is The Great American Teacher Dead?"